You wouldn't know it by my lack of posts, but not a day has gone by since the new year that I haven't thought about this darn list, this darn blog, and my true desire to finish and follow through on what I started here.
Yet I come to a crossroads where I have to ask:
Is it more important to finish/follow through on all these things BEFORE March 30th, 2015....or is it more important to let go of the pressure that day has now become and still enjoy and complete the things I want to do in the time that I CAN do them. Which might mean they get finished after that day.
See, life has changed in some ways I didn't quite anticipate in this new year...leaving me with WAY LESS free time and way less energy/ability to just even get done what I HAVE to, much less want to. Most recently this is because of 2 major things: I started a second job (good-bye extra day off, hello adult world) and I finally signed up to take the great big test I need to take to get my Marriage and Family Therapist's license. That's right. In case 4 years of college and 3 years of grad school wasn't enough...let's allow 3 1/2 yrs to pass since you looked at ANY of that material and take...ANOTHER test.
| Why do all jobs seem to come down to paperwork? |
Free Saturdays to volunteer? Studying and soon, working.
Day that I used to meet a friend to learn a new skill? Working, then studying.
Are you getting the picture? It has been frustrating, I'll be honest. But it is the reality of my world and I have to adjust, have to be flexible.
There is also this pesky little fact that I thought I would already have my full counseling license by now...thought for sure I would have written this post in SEPTEMBER.
![]() |
| Me getting ready to send off my licensing stuff to the great big cloud of important people that validate me as a professional |
So. Saturday morning. 9 am. If you think of me, pray for me!
I did not think it was going to be as hard or as delayed to check #9 off the list, but I am persevering and trusting all the studying and being faithful to state requirements will pay off.
I will know about 6 weeks after the test if I passed and have my license. The other Licensed Professional Counselor one will follow around May and I will be complete with all this craziness! But honestly, I am blogging about this preemptively believing that this is all I have left and I am done.
Plus I don't mind if you pray for me before hand. This is always a good idea.

No comments:
Post a Comment