Wednesday, February 25, 2015

30 Things #21: Get a Massage

When I think of pampering and getting spoiled, I think of things like pedicures and massages. Before this year, I have never had a "real" massage.
You are SO welcome for this little GEM of a picture
Well, ok...once I had a foot and hand massage in China that was pretty great and cost about $2. I was 19 and still oh so insecure about having a teenage Chinese boy touch my feet. So. I think I giggled through the whole thing and once he started giving me a little extra shoulder massage, I couldn't quite relax anymore for how mortified I felt. I'm pretty sure reflecting on it now poor kid was just as mortified. Haha.
But I am officially spoiled X2 this year!

My sweet mom, as if she didn't already go above and beyond taking me on that cruise for my birthday--she made sure I was pampered with a massage while we were cruisin'. It was just wonderful, the perfect way to feel even MORE extra special, as if I didn't already! :) I was not entirely sure what to expect when I went in that room so I was pleasantly surprised with how relaxing it was. I waited to post about it because I knew that I wanted to extend the same gift to my bestie for HER 30th, which was this past weekend!


On Saturday, Mia entered the 30 club. We had a great weekend full of family, friends, presents, and celebrating! She was so great last year making sure I had a special day that I really hoped to extend the same to her...so we had a fun brunch in the morning with some girls sharing all of our favorite things with each other (in the form of gifts!) and Saturday night we had a great big bowling party that Mia's family was sweet enough to come down for!

After such a busy weekend on top of a busy season (it's tax season in Maria's work world which = long hours and stressful days) I wanted to have a way to unwind. We actually had gift certificates for massages that have been hanging around our house for a while so I finally set something up for us to use them.


WHY haven't we used these SOONER?! What is wrong with me?

My word. My sweet massage lady was amazing. You can't quite take a picture of the way a massage feels in getting rid of all that tension, but my mental image will now always be....

Maria coming out of her massage room looking half asleep with a little smile on her face and in perfect bliss. Sort of that "lines on your face from sleeping so hard on your pillow, potential bed-head hair, eyes half shut because I am so relaxed look." I half expected drool out of one side of her mouth it was so hilarious. I think she enjoyed it folks.

And man--I was SORE the next day! All those toxins released....wow. But it was oh so good.

Everyone. Taking care of yourself is NOT selfish. It's necessary and needed and good. Things like this are GOOD, especially every once in a while. I am always telling my clients things like this...it was time I listened to my own advice. Glad I did. ;)

No comments: