Sunday, March 29, 2015

30 Things #5: Travel to Europe, someway, somehow (or make tangible plans to)

Friends!! It's my last day of my 30th year and I get to tell you that I have actual plans to visit Europe! Happy Birthday to me!! 

Honestly, of all the things I put on this list this year, this one felt like the most out there/out of reach/"hmm yeah maybe, just maybe, that will happen." We've already established how I can be about money and working 2 jobs over the past months has been no picnic. But...I have saved here and there and this is something that Maria also wanted to do for her 30th year...and I've decided to stop being so worried all the time about such things (at least for now) because YOLO ("you only live once" for all you "older readers") and we got some really great deals so...

((Insert beautiful picture of Paris here. On second thought, keep your readers waiting so you can post the one you take yourself))

2 months from today I will be getting off a plane to explore the streets of Paris with these two awesome girls (above)...and soon visiting yet another friend and awesome former roommate who has been living in France through the last year. For 18 whole days. What?!

Why was this a thing, you ask?? Well...really I've had a growing desire to explore the beauty and adventure that Europe has to offer, particularly France and Italy and circumstances have happened to work out for France to become a reality! Really, if you need more reasons, just go here. It might help you understand.
Marie Claire grew up in France, speaks French like a French person, and is gonna be our freaking awesome tour guide through Paris and the Loire Valley until we meet up with Tatum in Avignon/Provence area and head to Nice (the Mediterranean!) to finish out our time! I am so excited.

Of course when this trip comes around, I promise to blog upon return so I can "officially" check this sucker off, but for now, I figured it would be pretty fun to tell you that this is going to happen and there is more to look forward to even after tomorrow. 
Yes. Please. Provence, France 

Life doesn't stop at 30. More on that tomorrow :)

No comments: