In heaven, we don't have to say goodbye to people we love.
In heaven, the things that divide us in relationship will be exposed, healed, put to rest, and made right. not just reconciliation with God, but with each other. we love each other perfectly because we see and know the Father perfectly.
In heaven, what I do for a living will no longer be needed. The pain and brokenness of the world will be wiped away...all will be made whole. Nothing will separate our hearts from the One who made our hearts and continues to be the Answer to our every question.

In heaven, we get to see clearly what this has all been about. What a relief. We rest and we are energized by the God who is peace and power. We meet those who have battled for us and those we are battling for. We see the true and complete fruit of our labor.
In heaven, we PARTY. We sing and dance, we laugh and enjoy each other, we praise and worship and honor Jesus who has made it all possible.
In heaven, we get to actually see God with our eyes. We get to actually be with him, without our human confusion, wandering hearts, and sinful nature separating us in any way. I understand that this is possible to an extent right now--you don't have to get all theological on me. I guess what I mean is that it will no longer be such a battle to "practice His presence" because he will just be there and we will just be with him. Always. Forever. His fullness is available to me now and I live IN Christ, but man, sometimes it feels like there is so much between knowing this in my head and living it out in my heart. When I get discouraged, I have moments of needing to remember heaven is for real.
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. 3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.
Colossians 3:1-4
I LONG for that day.
No comments:
Post a Comment