my mom has jumped right into Kathmandu life!
the first full day she was here she was out on a bike dodging traffic with the best of 'em :) everyone, including Nepalis are most impressed with this. we spent some of yesterday shopping and seeing some of the area where I live while trying to dodge biking through the rain. many of the girls I live with are out trekking and other things right now so she gets to stay in my flat for the beginning of her stay. we are still looking into trekking next week, but it should work out!
today we went to Nepali church, out to lunch, and then spent some time at an orphanage holding babies. some of her old occupational theraphist skills came out and she was able to work with a few of the kids who are a little bit developmentally delayed. she was also able to give me and some other girls some good tips about how to help them! so much experience, so much skill--I am glad we can learn from her :)
i am sure there will be more where this came from!
1 comment:
I love you man!
Post a Comment