Last week we had the opportunity to take a few days away from life in Kathmandu. Not only was it a wonderful time of teaching and taking in more of who God really is, but also a good time to just be with the Lord. The fact that it was a beautiful place, with a *swimming pool*, green foliage providing great air to breathe, and relative quiet made it all the better.
We had such a good time together playing games, watching an actual TV, enjoying a continual stream of hot water in the shower (not to mention we actually got to shower everyday, which was big), eating some great food, and even introducing everyone to the American specialty of s'mores around a campfire, compliments of a recent visitor from the States. It was wonderful.
What made it the best though was that God was there. My friends, God is REAL. He is so intimately involved in every fiber of our lives, whether we are aware of this or not. Really I cannot even begin to express this to you. Together we explored who God says he is in Exodus 34:6-7 as well as looked at some of the lies and pain that have built up in our own lives from past experiences that hinder us from seeing and knowing God for who he really is. The couple sharing were able to speak from personal experience as well as from the experiences of many others they have taught and I believe it was a rich time of renewal and healing for many.
It is easy for me to fall prey to the lie that I have to somehow earn God's love for me. Even if I know Jesus has paid the price for me to know him, I find that if I have, in some way, been unfaithful to him, then I need to make it up to him for so long before he will allow us to move forward in our relationship or before he will speak to me again. It causes me to strive sometimes...and to feel that I am just not good enough. Praise God that I am not and that He IS! Praise him that his blood covers me and praise him that he knows and cares for every little small part of me. He loves me enough to open my eyes to things I have not dealt with or to face things that I don't want to face. And in all of this he calls us to rest...to not just "know" what he says, but to BELIEVE it. to enjoy him and his presence, his voice, his care of us. there is nothing i can do to earn this. always when i come back to this truth, i want to know this God more. the unfaithfulness or the laziness or the dryness--it disappears--because i want to know a God like this. thank you Father!
I hope you can enjoy Him today
No comments:
Post a Comment