Wednesday, December 17, 2014

30 Things #18: Shoot a Gun

I don't know why this was a thing on my list...I just felt like at some point in my life, I wanted to be able to say I knew how to shoot a gun. Of course not your 6th grade brother's BB gun that you shot at trees and tried to avoid those little suckers from bouncing back at you.

I mean a REAL gun.

Not a shot gun or a rifle (haha not a gun that is actually useful for things like hunting...because let's be honest...I will NEVER hunt. I would be too upset for the poor deer or whatever animal I had killed. No, no, I needed to shoot a gun that is literally only used on people or target practice.)

It's winter and it's cold so shooting inside at a range seemed like a better option. So instead of shopping on Black Friday, we did what probably most people felt like they wanted to do (shoot something)...enter Groupon and my brother...
I was all determined before to do it--but wow I did not expect to get nervous! Walking in there with all these rough redneck guys and me with my little scarf + Toms shoes I did not appear to belong there. Probably didn't help that I chose to shoot the little 22 (aka girl gun).

But. The people working there were super helpful, super friendly, quite patient...and we made it happen :)

Ben was a better shot (is anyone surprised?) but I got the hang of it. By the end I felt pretty good! Zombies and robbers ain't got nothin on me. Even with my little girly gun. I'm all over it. Next time I'm all about the 9mm.

So I walked in nervous and walked out proud.
And that was why it was on my list.
#girlpower



No comments: