In a little less than 2 weeks, you will turn 30.
Now we all know what kind of baggage that number can come with. Fears of wrinkles and grey hairs peaking out. Unmet expectations, possible disappointments about what life looks like, amazing adventures already lived and had, beautiful blessings that were a surprise about this current stage, and just the inevitable label of "OLD" that could cloud the day.
You and I, dear self, can readily admit that 30 is not going to look like anything you thought when you were 15, thinking about your 30 year old self. We can face that you are not married, don't have any kiddos running around at your feet, you have not seemingly "changed the world," nor do you have much money in your poor bank account. However, I propose to you that 30 can be something beautiful, something to celebrate. I am proposing that you and I find a way to celebrate not just on the day, but all year long.
I am proposing a bucket list that is exclusively for your 30th year. Forget the fear of leaving the supposed youth of your 20s. Forget would haves, could haves, should haves. Let's DO something to embrace this gift called life and make an entrance into this new landmark decade! You still feel young--so why not BE young, BE you, and ENJOY the wisdom of what has made you yourself as a 30 year old woman.
Now I know what you are thinking...
"Elisa, don't you know me at all? Don't you know that you get hung-ho on things like this and then fizzle out? Don't you know that if you say you have a bucket list there is fear that you won't be able to "accomplish" all that you set out to do?"
But Self! Is that a reason not to try or start or celebrate at all?? Of COURSE NOT. Let's try! You've never tried something like this before, so what better time?
So self, I propose, since it is your "golden birthday" to live it up and do 30 things you have always wanted to do, hope to do, dream to do, NEED to do in your 30th year. Maybe you won't do all of them. But is that a reason not to try?
Yours truly,
Elisa
Ok Elisa, I agree. I accept your proposal. I am not so sure but I will take a
No comments:
Post a Comment