Friday, March 28, 2014

The List

So without further ado, to kick off my birthday weekend, here is my bucket list of 30 things to celebrate turning 30 this year! There are some things on this list that are very realistic, others that feel a bit more like dreams, but either way I am willing to risk it and put it on this list. Some will be a stretch or challenge to myself to accomplish, others I have just always wanted to do. And still others that I just want to make sure I include in this year of my life and that I can already say are life-giving to me. Of course, many of them take the funds to do them, but I hope that I can make it work.

Feel free to add to it if I have forgotten something I just must do, AND if you see something on here that sounds fun, please join with me! I'd love to have company as I set out to celebrate this beautiful life God has given me.


  1. Go on a cruise--CHECK! Blog post to come :)
  2. Make something stained glass
  3. Run a half marathon
  4. Retreat somewhere for the weekend
  5. Travel to Europe, someway, somehow (and at the very least, make real tangible plans to)
  6. Skydive
  7. Visit Ben out west
  8. Paleo: Continue in this and finish what I started in terms of my mental/physical goals
  9. Get my full counseling license
  10. Grow something by myself, from seed
  11. Give something special or meaningful to someone in need, anonymously 
  12. Share Jesus with someone who doesn't know him
  13. Witness a miracle
  14. Take a spontaneous day trip/road trip to a place I've never been
  15. Go to a UGA football game
  16. Clean out my clothes/stuff = simplify (Maybe that 40 bags in 40 days?)
  17. Try a new exotic food
  18. Shoot a gun
  19. Spend the night in a fancy hotel
  20. Unspoken between me and God
  21. Get a massage
  22. Visit the Atlanta Botanical Gardens during Christmas time
  23. Memorize a chapter of the Bible
  24. See someone in concert I've never seen
  25. Volunteer somewhere new
  26. Take a class to learn a new skill
  27. Tell the people in my life why are they are important to me
  28. Go camping in the fall
  29. Start and finish a classic book I've never read
  30. Keep my blog chronicling these things = at least 30 entries.
Here's to my Golden 30th!! Cheers!

3 comments:

Stacey Ayars said...

What a GREAT list...very inspiring! I'm going to heavily encourage you in number 30! If you can document all thirty, for your 31st my birthday gift to you will be your 30th year from your blog with your pictures in book form! Happy Birthday dear friend!

elisa said...

I knew you'd love that last one Stace :)
And since it is in conjunction with the other 29, you've got my commitment to stick with it. Thanks for your encouragement, I look forward to following thru!! :)

WesandT said...

This is cool, as expected, Elisa. Very fun and pensive list. Please do keep us posted as the milestones are reached. ;)