I don't know what to say, because I am still sort of in a daze. Trying to stand still and let the room stop spinning. Trying to understand…is this as significant as it feels like it is in this moment? Will this shocked feeling being gone in a few days and will I feel like this isn't a big deal? Do I want this to go away?
I feel like the Lord is stirring waters that have almost never been stirred. The only time they have been, is by him. But this is different. It's like preparation and change I didn't know I needed. Like getting ready to go on a journey and thinking you had everything you needed, only to realize you don't have a plane ticket or passport or bag to carry all your crap. And you genuinely thought you had everything you needed.
Maybe in the coming days I can say more than this. But this is all I got right now. I just needed a place to say….
Whoa.
Normally I would be quick to say "break down my walls Lord." But this feels way scarier to say this. I want to say it, but Jesus, be gentle with me. I know you will be. I just need you to teach me how to live without these walls before I can just tear them all down. Otherwise, I won't know what to do. Walls aren't healthy, but that doesn't mean it will not be extremely uncomfortable or strange without them.
Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life. Proverbs 13:12
1 comment:
That is an exciting scary place to be, friend. Really thankful to be grateful, nervous, full of hope and trusting, with you. Love you friend... keep us posted
Post a Comment