Tuesday, September 18, 2012

What can he do?

I love books that whenever you pick them up, seem to speak right to your heart. That's why I love Brennan Manning--he is just that kind of author, definitely making him one of my favorites. His book "Abba's Child" was the perfect one for me to dig into after I graduated from school as it is all about our identity and acceptance coming from the Lord and not career, what others say, what the past says, etc. So good, I highly recommend :)

Recently, I have been slowly reading through his well-known book, The Ragamuffin Gospel. One of those treasures that I pick up and read for a while, speaks to my heart, and then put it down while I am in other things, but when I return, it is just what I need to hear. This was a little gem I read a few weeks ago that he put in there from a book by John Claypool. Though it was from a while ago,  I still wanted to share...

courtesy of my iPhone on a beautiful day :)
"We all have shadows and skeletons in our backgrounds. But listen, there is something bigger in this world than we are and that something bigger is full of grace and mercy, patience and ingenuity. The moment the focus of your life shifts from your badness to his goodness and the question becomes not "What have I done?" but "What can he do?" release from remorse can happen; miracle of miracles, you can forgive yourself because you are forgiven, accept yourself because you are accepted, and begin to start building up the very places you once tore down. There is grace to help in every time of trouble. That grace is the secret to being able to forgive ourselves. Trust it."


In other news, yay for temps slowly, very slightly, dropping! Hints of fall...

No comments: