Since our Torell reunion at the beginning of July, the month continued to be full of fun time reuniting with old friends and family. After Torell time it was off to Gatlinburg to catch up with Matt, Stace, and their kiddos, plus Stacey's family! It was so great to see them, even if for a short 24 hours, as they have been such an amazing example of perseverance, obedience to God's call, and tireless service to the Haitian people. Meeting little Sofie was a joy and getting to hear little Lily talking up a storm was so great!! I love this family and it is always refreshing to see them :)
My parents, brother and I also had the chance to travel up north to New England for a whirlwind trip of connecting with my mom's family in Vermont, as well as the Munros in Maine who have been friends with our fam for forever! Their daughter Emily and I have been friends since I was 5 years old (I think?) and we got to reconnect after several years of being out of touch = meeting her husband of 7 years and two beautiful kiddos! It is crazy to think I am old enough to be friends with someone for over 20 years. How did that happen??
The rest of the Munro family live in Owl's Head, ME, a beautiful little lobstering town of the coast. We had a beautiful, somewhat fairy tale sort of day taking Chris' lobster boat out, gathering 16 lobsters from traps, heading to a small island (that we got to kayak around), boiling them and eating them right on the rocks surrounded by beautiful crystal water and 75 degree weather! It could NOT have been more PERFECT! The day was finished with a moonlit kayaking trip around another small island off the shore. It was a wonderful way to reconnect with such good friends.

Time in Vermont was meaningful too as it was the chance for my mom's family to honor my Grandpa Phil once more with an afternoon hike up to a mountain stream to scatter his ashes. We met a few more members of my mom's family we had never met and catch up a bit with those that we do know. It was a special time, though pretty quick, and I am glad we got to do it.
So this month was full, but truly wonderful and really what I feel like I needed for a summer to continue "detoxing" from school. It has helped me feel much more ready to transition into full time working! The rest of the month was spent packing and preparing to move into a place of my own, along with Maria. We are finally in and though it is slow going, are enjoying the first few days of our own place :) Pics to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment