We are 3 weeks into the new semester and if I am in a diligent mood, there are not many free moments. Not that I am always in a diligent mood... :)
Last weekend was Labor Day and I managed to get a few restful fun moments out of the weekend without studying too hard. Maria and I spent 2 afternoons at one of my favorite Atlanta spots reading and studying in the BEAUTIFUL weather we were having. While highs are still in the 90s during the day, hints of fall are peaking out in our cool mornings and evenings and it just couldn't be more wonderful to be outside. Anyway, so we hung out at a coffee shop called Land of A Thousand Hills that is right on the Chattahoochee River. They have an nice overlook on the river and some rocking chairs to sit in as well as picnic tables where people can grill out and such. In the middle of a big city, it truly is a slice of heaven. Every time I go, the peace of the river makes you melt into relaxation, even if you are there to study :)
Speaking of books, I am also reading this one (below) as a devotional and it has been sooooo good. Tozer reflects on God's many attributes one by one in simple, yet challenging and beautiful ways. I have wanted to read it ever since freshman year of college and I am FINALLY getting around to it. I have been challenged allow God to break out of any boxes I put around him and consider him for who he truly is--limitless in his power, might, perfection, holiness and much more. I am reminded that he is never boring and there is ALWAYS something new he has to show me about himself, always a deeper place that we can go together. With all the heady books of school, this one is like dessert :)
Now I'm off to read!
No comments:
Post a Comment