Friday, January 8, 2016

30 Things #22: Atlanta Botanical Gardens at Christmas

New Year's Eve!
Happy New Year! Woohoo 2016! I had a great time bringing in this new year with some great friends, food, and dancing! I have learned over the last year or 2 just how much I LOVE dancing and any chance to leave it all on the dance floor...I'm all about it. Anyway.........

I have a few things to share with you and before we get too terribly far away from Christmas, I need to get this post up. Pretend the date of this post in 3 weeks ago. Christmas was really only 2 weeks ago (how has it already come and gone??) and I suppose since we still have our tree up it is still slightly Christmas in our house.
I promise the tree will come down tomorrow.
Hopefully.
No, really, it will.
2 years ago we still had it up in February so nothing could be as bad as that.
Once again, the ultimate sign that I am lacking as a finisher.
Resolution for 2017?
:)

Since I didn't make it to see the pretty lights at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens last year, I thought maybe I would just give up and do something fun and new that I'd never done in Atlanta. But I guess the benefit of not finishing in a year...is getting to do what is actually on my list. ha.

Maria, being the true bestie that she is, agreed to take me this year for my Christmas present. (Or maybe I basically bribed her into it with tickets to Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith's Christmas program for HER Christmas present, since Tennessee Christmas is her favorite. It was a pretty great night).

I'm not entirely sure why I decided that this needed to be on my 30 things list but I suppose I wanted to see for myself what all the fuss of these Christmas lights is about. And let me tell you, all of Atlanta decided they wanted to see the fuss too because this place was PACKED.








In truth, this is great date spot or place to take your kids as a family of which I have neither. But I'm all about taking some time to sit and enjoy the beauty of a special time of year and who doesn't love some Christmas lights?? I love that this is part of our Christmas tradition as a culture...even though it is kind of crazy that we will cover trees and houses and gardens with tons of little lights and then go see them...sometimes with choreographed music to the view. But still. It's pretty great.


Atlanta twinkling in the background. I love our city.
It was a GREAT way to get into the Christmas mood, despite Atlanta's warm temps this year. Everyone should go at least once :)


No comments: