Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Hold Me To It

Now in an effort to stay true to my word that I would write a bit more to myself and to the world, here I am again. It is June 25th and summer, I suppose, is in full swing. I have had a few thoughts about this summer...what I hope it would be and what I hope to accomplish. I always have these high hopes and in my 29 years, I have most certainly learned about myself that:

I am not a very good finisher.

I have a lot of projects that I started, felt inspired for, but for whatever reason, lost steam and never FINISHED.

Some of that is personality. Some of that is...character? Why am I like that? I am not particularly impressed by this quality. Things I can think of in this moment that I do not follow through with:


  1. hanging photos in my office
  2. doing the craft of wrapping yarn around bottles for decor
  3. organizing the desk area in our house-->a year later
  4. getting my full EMDR training
  5. buying a hubcap for my ghetto looking tire
  6. actually being a blogger. as in, making time to do this
  7. several (a lot) of unfinished books that I actually like but just haven't finished
  8. organizing the papers all over my office. this might actually get done this week
  9. learning photography things
  10. actually working on stained glass, even though I actually have the tools now! 
I think the theme is: paper work and all things creative. I have images of me doing and accomplishing, but when it comes down to it, gosh darn it if I could just finish something! Even when I make little goals for myself, it is tough. I truly love creative things. At least I say I do. And when I am doing them I do. So why don't I actually consistently DO them?

Is this about discipline? Committing and then DOING. It is possible to have to be disciplined about things that are enjoyable? Maybe at the beginning since it is not like I don't want to, but for some reason, I don't. It's funny, because I would not call myself irresponsible. But I really can be, like really really, unless I know it will impact someone else negatively, or it will make me look bad. Which disappointingly means I am not very intrinsically motivated. I am LAZY. Sometimes watching TV is easier than getting up and painting.

It doesn't help that I am a terrible multi-tasker. I am so sorry female race. I do not represent you well.

SO, I've decided that I am going to use this little bliggity blog as some accountability. I have some things I'd like to actually accomplish this summer. We are half way thru the year and all those new years resolutions are very faded. Did I even make any? Hmm.

So blog reader, you probably don't really exist unless your name is Stacey and you have only half read this because it is pretty boring :) But I don't care. I am going to try this  do this anyway. I hope to blog at least 1x/wk. Here are a few goals before I go on vacation in 3 weeks:

  • I will educate myself on my health issues that concern PCOS. This means understanding why a Paleo diet is best for my body--really understand it. 
  • Then, I will active truly pursue this health.
  • work on at least 1 creatively related project of my choosing. And finish it.
  • Hang those dang pictures.
And then, we shall see....to be continued!!

2 comments:

Stacey Ayars said...

dang right...I exist and love your blog and mutlitasker or not, you do us proud :) These are GREAT goals to start with...I WILL be holding you to it :)

Deb Torell said...

My name isn't Stacey.