January: good-bye 2011, hello 2012.
- committed to several things this year, including ...
run a 10K
live on a budget for at least one month
actively pursuing a healthy lifestyle aka eat well
grow in intimacy with Jesus, not just knowing his stories, but reading them and engaging them as if I am reading about a friend
something else i can't remember in the moment and I don't have my journal next to me so I don't know what it was = I guess I haven't really done it and obviously has not been impactful? ha...
- began meeting with the newest church plant of Riverstone Church, Sojourn, which has been exciting!
February: felt like a month of preparation for new things
- completed a month of living on budget in January! decided to continue, holding onto it loosely but intentionally. so far so good.
- begin training for 10K with inspiring brother James
- attended training weekend for new therapy technique, EMDR, to help with clients experiencing the disruptive effects of traumatic and disturbing events in their lives. Fascinated with this therapy, excited to begin using this new tool. Yay for wanting to learn something new for the first time since grad school
- grateful to the Lord for a solid 2 months of consistent and overflowing supply of clients to both challenge me and provide for my needs. sometimes I laugh to myself to think that somehow he has made me a "therapist" when it's just me and I have soooo much still to learn.
March: sweet success and here's to my health!
- Ran my first 10K with James! Finished in just under 1 hr and 3 min, which was my unspoken goal. I can't lie, I was proud of myself, having never thought I could run this far, much less do it. 1/2 marathon in my future? hmmmmm
- Maria and I jumped into a juice cleanse/fast for a week...inspired by THIS documentary, as a way to continue on the journey of healthy habits, and while it was a challenge, it was another milestone for me to be prioritizing health in this way. we would have gone longer buuuuuttt....in honor of keeping with my aforementioned budget, that was about as long as we could last. BUT, you should watch the documentary, there are lots of benefits and I am glad we did it!
- Observing Lent--have more to say about this for a different time, but for now it has been good to create space for Jesus as we reflect as a community on the season leading up to remembering his death and resurrection. not about condemnation and rules. all about more space for him.
- the month isn't over so there is more to enjoy, including a weekend away (currently) in KY with friends, and my birthday!
Hope this wasn't too boring for you. Really, it was more for me...sort of organize myself and hopefully get me back on the blogging bandwagon! I truly am looking forward to what else 2012 has in store and maybe this gave you a few highlights of the year so far. The year is already 1/4 over--goals never get done unless I check in on them. So far I feel good about things and inspired to continue on a path of discipline, freedom, and intimacy with Jesus :)
No comments:
Post a Comment