I am reviving. I haven't forgotten you or this space or my list.
 |
| Himalayan foothills, Nepal |
There have been many things since I last shared here. So many things. Whenever I feel overwhelmed about where to start or what to share, I tend to begin by writing about being overwhelmed about where to start. How I could go so many directions to tell you about FRANCE or friends or summer or victories or defeats or the stirring in my heart or the wall that I hit in the midst of the stirring. How I want to always be real and authentic while also staying focused and moving forward. How I want to be genuine in joy and in struggle.
I find it interesting that in all the ways I have shared about my 30 things list, the post that had the most views was from October when I was feeling like a failure in the midst of all I was trying to accomplish.
Humans respond to vulnerability. We like to feel like we aren't alone. Something about sharing pain connects us deeply.
 |
| Loire Valley, France |
So, this summer has been beautiful and truly
amazing and at moments, also truly painful. Isn't that how life is? How our journeys take us? I got to see the Oh Hellos live last week and it reminds me of a line in one of their songs..."without the bad the good disappears." I don't know how Biblical this is but it often feels very true. I have also had Steffany Gretzinger on repeat for 3 weeks. Her little song "open up, let the light in" has been bouncing around in my heart every day.
Anyway, this is my small little way of breaking the silence and letting you know I am still here. I am going through my France pics so I can share them with you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment