Sunday, March 24, 2013

It is the rain

Though spring is being terribly bashful and this rain just won't go away, I have been loving some newer music by the Oh Hellos this past week. Such a fun mix of great artists sounds that I thoroughly enjoy (Mumford and Sons, the Lumineers...) but even better, these musicians weave the gospel throughout their lyrics in a beautiful and unique way.

It was such a crazy weekend on many levels and I have felt left wondering which side is up in my heart. One of this group's songs has been speaking to me, even more speaking from the place I feel I am in. It is perfect for the rainy dreary days we have been battling...take a listen and hopefully we will see some sunny days ahead. (ps--you can also get their music for free on noisetrade at the moment!)

I have made mistakes, I continue to make them 
the promises I've made, I continue to break them 
and all the doubts I've faced, I continue to face them 
but nothing is a waste if you learn from it 

and the sun, it does not cause us to grow 
it is the rain that will strengthen your soul 
and it will make you whole 

we have lived in fear, and our fear has betrayed us 
but we will overcome the apathy that has made us 
because we are not alone in the dark with our demons 
and we have made mistakes 
but we've learned from them 

and the sun, it does not cause us to grow 
it is the rain that will strengthen your soul 
and it will make you whole 

and oh my heart, how can I face you now? 
when we both know how badly I have let you down 
and I am afraid of all that I've built 
fading away

Yes. I love that line. The sun does not cause me to grow--it is the rain that will strengthen my soul.
May He strengthen your bones, your soul, your heart today.

No comments: