Monday, January 21, 2013

Change

Are we back to a once a month post? Who knows, I am done keeping track. But man, it is has been busy around here!! Holidays, family time, friends, time and then the epic departure of our dear boys James and Jared off to South East Asia for the next few months (aka The East Pole) sort of dominated the last few weeks. Their adventures can be found here.


If you asked me in July about living with my brother and his friend, my response was usually "Mmm I think it'll be good...interesting...but I guess we'll see." Over the past few weeks all that we've said over and over is that it has been better than we ever imagined! What a blessing to share life with 2 guys that are so hilarious, entertaining, protective, and fun but also love the Lord and have a heart for the nations.  Well, the nations and football. And being competitive.

I don't like change very much and them leaving has definitely left a bit of a void in our lives, church, and home. But I could not be more excited for what the Lord is going to do in and through them over the next months (and if I'm honest, jealous too).

In the meantime, I am so excited Mia and I have been able to welcome Tatum into our little home! I love this girl and have been so looking forward to sharing life with her! Right in time too...it's going to be a busy season I think. We are starting a class on Monday nights until May called Perspectives that is all about God's heart for the nations and the state of missions in the world today. In exploring these things, we will also be challenged to seek him on our own role and part of this plan. I hope that my heart is stirred and this will play a role in helping me to gain some direction about things to come. If you are interested, it's not too late to join in!

Add in more hours at work, small groups and discipleship programs at church, and investing in relationships around me, I am anticipating a very full and hopefully growing 6 months ahead! I have been sooooo blessed to be part of Sojourn Church in this last year and the community that we have been building together. That's it for now. Something deeper next time :)


No comments: